Why Mycorrhizae is a MUST
The word “mycorrhizae” literally means “fungus-roots” and defines the close mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship between specialized soil fungi (mycorrhizal fungi) and plant roots.
About 95% of the world‘s land plants form the mycorrhizal relationship in their native habitats. It is estimated that mycorrhizal fungal filaments explore hundreds to thousand times greater soil volume compared to roots alone.
Mycorrhizal fungi increase the surface absorbing area of roots 100 to 1,000 times, thereby greatly improving the ability of the plant to use the soil's resources. Several miles of fungal filaments can be present in a thimbleful of soil. But Mycorrhizal fungi increase nutrient uptake not only by increasing the surface absorbing area of the roots, but also by releasing powerful enzymes into the soil that dissolve hard-to-capture nutrients, such as phosphorus, iron, and other “tightly bound” soil nutrients. This extraction process is particularly important in plant nutrition and explains why non-mycorrhizal plants require high levels of fertilization to maintain their health.read about the science
Why MycoApply is the BEST
- Diversity of Species MycoApply produces the world's largest selection of commercially available mycorrhizal inoculum. Each month Mycorrhizal Applications delivers thousands of pounds of spores to landscapers, farms, forest nurseries, restoration & erosion control companies, hydroseeders, and manufacturers. MycoApply has over a dozen different products including powders, gels, granular and liquid forms, and regularly produce customized blends for special applications. University testing indicates MycoApply products to be the highest quality commercially available.
- The Science Mycorrhizal Applications provides expert technical and scientific support. Dr. Mike Amaranthus has authored and presented over 100 technical papers and articles and lectured at private and government hosted seminars around the world. Mycorrhizal Applicatinos researches and contributes to a database of over 50,000 mycorrhizal abstracts and maintains its own research laboratory.
- World's Largest Producer Mycorrhizal Applications is based in Grants Pass, OR and is the World's Largest Producer and distributor of mycorrhizae inoculant.
- Organic Certified 95+ % of all MycoApply products are OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) Listed and many are currently pending WSDA/ USDA Organic Certification.
The MycoApply Certified logo is the gold standard of mycorrhizal certification, assuring the overall integrity of mycorrhizal ingredients for consumers and end-users throughout numerous markets and industries.
All Certified Products meet the following guidelines in relation to proper "mycorrhizae" use and incorporation:
- Appropriate Rate (Application rates should give full inoculation in a 1 year period)
- Used in/with Appropriate Material (not harmful to the mycorrhizae)
- Finished product must demonstrate reasonable performance for intended purpose
- Appropriate species for the appropriate target plants
Company Name: PermaMatrix
Certified Products: MycoApply Certified Products: PermaMatrix ™ Biotic Soil Amendment
Company Website: http://permamatrix.com/
Look for this and other great MycoApply Certified Products at your local gardening store.
If you have a product that you are interested in having MycoApply Certified, click here for details and application.
If you have any questions regarding a product, please refer to the manufacturer of the product in question.
Contact information for each MycoApply Certified product partner is listed on our
Certified Products page.