Why Mycorrhizae is a MUST
The word “mycorrhizae” literally means “fungus-roots” and defines the close mutually beneficial relationship between specialized soil fungi (mycorrhizal fungi) and plant roots.
About 95% of the world‘s land plants form the mycorrhizal relationship in their native habitats. It is estimated that mycorrhizal fungal filaments explore hundreds to thousands more soil volume compared to roots alone.
Mycorrhizal fungi increase the surface absorbing area of roots 10 to 1,000 times, thereby greatly improving the ability of the plant to use the soils resources. Several miles of fungal filaments can be present in a thimbleful of soil. But Mycorrhizal fungi increase nutrient uptake not only by increasing the surface absorbing area of the roots, but also release powerful enzymes into the soil that dissolve hard-to-capture nutrients, such as phosphorus, iron and other “tightly bound” soil nutrients. This extraction process is particularly important in plant nutrition and explains why non-mycorrhizal plants require high levels of fertility to maintain thier health.read about the science
Why MycoApply® is the BEST
- Diversity of SpeciesMycoApply® produces the world's largest selection of commercially available mycorrhizal inoculum. Each month Mycorrhizal Applications, Inc. delivers thousands of pounds to landscapers, farms, forest nurseries, restoration & erosion control companies, hydroseeders and manufacturers. MycoApply® has over a dozen different products including powders, gels, granular and liquid forms and regularly produce customized blends for special applications. University testing indicates MycoApply® products to be the highest quality commercially available.
- The ScienceMycorrhizal Applications, Inc. provides expert technical and scientific support. Dr. Mike Amaranthus has authored and presented over 100 technical papers and articles and lectured at private and government hosted seminars around the world. M.A., Inc. researches, and contributes to, a database of over 50,000 mycorrhizal abstracts and maintains its own research laboratory.
- World's Largest ProducerMycorrhizal Applications, Inc. is based in Grants Pass, OR and is the World's Largest Producer and distributor of mycorrhizae inoculant.
- Organic Certified95+ % of all MycoApply products are OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) Listed and many are currently pending WSDA/ USDA Organic Certification.
The MycoApply® Certified logo is the gold standard of mycorrhizal certification, assuring the overall integrity of mycorrhizal ingredients for consumers and end-users throughout numerous markets and industries.
All Certified Products meet the following guidelines in relation to proper "mycorrhizae" use and incorporation:
- Appropriate Rate (Application rates should give full inoculation in a 1 year period)
- Used in/with Appropriate Material (not harmful to the mycorrhizae)
- Finished product must demonstrate reasonable performance for intended purpose
- Appropriate species for the appropriate target plants
Company Name: Dr. Earth
Certified Products: Bulb Food, Starter Fertilizer 2-4-2, Rose & Flower Fertilizer 2-4-2, Rhody, Azalea, Camellia Fertilizer 4-5-4, Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer 5-7-3, Super Natural Lawn Fertilizer 9-3-5, All Purpose Fertilizer 4-4-4, Bud & Bloom Booster Fertilizer 4-10-7, Fruit Tree Fertilizer 7-4-2, Palm and Tropical and Hibiscus Fertilizer 6-4-6, Root Zone Soil Starter Mix, Home Grown Planting Mix, Home Grown Potting Soil, Total Advantage Planting Mix, Acid lovers Planting Mix, Natural Choice Compost, House Plant Potting Soil, Natural Wonder Planting Mix, Pot of Gold Potting Soil, Mother Land Planting Mix
Company Website: http://www.drearth.com/products/
Look for this and other great MycoApply® Certified Products at your local gardening store.
If you have a product that you are interested in having MycoApply® Certified, click here for details and application.
If you have any questions regarding a product, please refer to the manufacturer of the product in question.
Contact information for each MycoApply® Certified product partner is listed on our
Certified Products page.